JW Marriott Grande Lakes, Orlando, FL
If you attended the 2015 Conference in Austin, you know how amazing this conference is! For those of you who tried to register late, you know the conference sold out TWO weeks in advance. Mark your calendar now. Once registration is open, we will send out an announcement so you won't miss the 2016 conference. Visit USBLN's website for more information.
TRACK DESCRIPTIONS FOR THE 2016 CONFERENCE:
- Workplace: Gain information, resources and business connections that will help advance disability inclusion policies and practices. These sessions will focus on creating an inclusive workplace, effective outreach, recruitment and retention strategies, and addressing hidden biases. Learn how to help others in your organization understand this business imperative through the creation and development of business-focused disability resource affinity groups and much more.
- Marketplace: Discover key trends, strategies and dynamic practices on how to effectively market to consumers with disabilities. Find out how to tap into a customer base with $220 billion in spendable, discretionary income.
- Supply Chain: Learn how disability-owned businesses including firms owned by service-disabled veterans can enhance supplier diversity programs and diversity and inclusion efforts in public and private sectors. Gain business case rationale and begin identifying and connecting with potential suppliers among the certified businesses in attendance. Certified businesses, including those owned by service-disabled veterans, will learn about current trends in supply chain management and supplier selection criteria. Business to business networking and relationship-building opportunities will be plentiful.
- Professional Development: Are you a professional with a disability interested in accelerating your growth and leadership opportunities? Engage with and learn from global leaders with disabilities, to confidently bring your whole self to the workplace, and the ways in which to enhance career progression.
- Leadership Academy: Targets college students and recent graduates with disabilities, including those with veteran status, and provides two days of pre-conference skills building leadership development and networking activities in addition to the full conference sessions. Meet and interact with potential employers in your field of study or area of interest in a professional and energizing setting. Businesses in attendance will have the opportunity to engage with the rising leaders through interactive development workshops, facilitated networking and matchmaking sessions, resume-building activities and more.